My blog posts this year have been few and far between. I’ve been busy and so has Graystone. My apologies go out to the Craig Tindalls of the world.
Here are a 5 quick updates of what’s happening at Graystone:
- We’ve hired a new Student Pastor for our Walton Campus. We’ll be introducing him this Sunday. Also, we’re hired a female Student Ministry Intern to assist him this year. BTW, we had an all-time record attendance in Student Ministry last week across all campuses. PRAISE GOD.
2. Graystone Church Online is up and running. Two Sundays ago we had a “beta test” only live streaming the 11:00AM service. We had 25 people watching including Joelan and 8 of his friends at GCSU crammed into Claire’s dorm room. This past Sunday, we live streamed the 11:00AM service and then replayed the broadcast all day on Sunday. According to google analytics, 218 people watched the service online last Sunday.
A big shout out goes to Chris Hunt and all the hard work he has put into the production of our online church experience. In one week we went from a one camera shoot to a more professional looking two camera shoot. Also, one of our HCV’s (high capacity volunteers), Keith Read, has played a huge role in launching Graystone Online. Thank you Keith! If you live out of town or have to miss church, you can now watch the service at live.graystonechurch.com on Sundays at 11:00AM, 2:00PM, 4:00PM, 6:00PM, 8:00PM, or 10:00PM.
3. We are having our first Oconee Campus Core Team/Info Meeting this Sunday, August 28, at 6:00PM at the new Oconee Campus. If you want to be a part of our Oconee Campus or simply want to find out more info, please try and attend this meeting. Childcare is provided. The address is 1275 Lenru Rd | Bogart, GA 30622. If you have any questions about anything, please contact Alan Smith, our Oconee Campus Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We were able to reach our goal of raising $80,000 for the Putting Down Roots Offering. PRAISE GOD! A big THANK YOU goes out to everyone who has given to this campaign. We were able to renovate the new Walton Campus student and children’s space with cash. The entire project was $237,000. More great news is that Smith & Co. (Tony Smith…he loves for me to mention his name…not really), was able to finish the project under budget. So, we have a little extra money to buy new furnishings for the new children’s rooms. We know that over the years hundreds of students and kids will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus in this new space. Thanks again to everyone who was involved in making this possible.
5. We’ve ordered more chairs for our Ozora Campus. When we renovated the stage area earlier this year, we were able to create a little more space in the auditorium. We will COMFORTABLY pack in as many people as possible before we add a 3rd Sunday service.
Well, that’s it for now. On a personal note, Joelan is coming home this weekend for the big Grayson vs IMG Football Game that will be on ESPN2 on Saturday night. So, we are looking forward to seeing him and hearing all about college life. Thanks for reading. Catch ya later.