1. Let me apologize in advance to Graystone Walton if I shared a little TMI in this Sunday’s message. I mentioned something about Julia’s conception (I’m supposed to get Jennifer permission before I share stuff like this.), and I referenced Joseph being a 30 year old virgin which is Biblical. I’m teaching on Genesis 41 if you would like to study ahead. BTW, I’m sure I will share the same message with Graystone Ozora, and I kind of now have Jennifer’s permission. I may need to check with Julia? Joelan was conceived in Brazil but that’s a whole nutha story.
2. We are already beginning to brainstorm and plan for the 10 Year Anniversary of Graystone Church. You might want to save the date: Sunday, October 19. It’s hard to believe that it’s been 10 years since be launched Graystone Church in a renovated warehouse on Grayson Industrial Parkway. I’ll never forget that first Sunday when Coach Mickey Conn said during his testimony that we were worshipping God in a garage. Wow! We’ve come a long way and words cannot express how good God has been to us. It looks like we will have several Top 10 List and one of them may be pictures of the Top 10 characters Heath Hollandsworth has played. We will see. Heath does love a good costume.
3. This Sunday THE Mississippi Mullets kick off their 11th season in the Graystone Fantasy Football League. I am smart enough to realize that absolutely NO ONE cares anything about my fantasy football team but me. But I will share my roster with you anyway: Tom Brady, Colin Kaepernick, LeSean McCoy, Giovani Bernard, Alshon Jeffery, Pierre Garcon, Jason Witten, Brandin Cooks, Reggie Wayne, MJD, Andre Williams, Ladarius Green, and Arizona Defense. We have a 12 team league and our line up includes: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Defense. I think I’ve won the championship every season, but I never remember losing in anything. BTW, I struck out Brett Favre in little league.
4. Another date to save on your calendar is September 28: Jersey Day at Graystone Church. We’ve decided to move Jersey Day to the Fall. Spring is such a busy time of the “church year” with Easter and Mother’s Day, so we thought September would be great time to create a big event at Graystone to invite our friends and family. Also, it is right in the middle of football season…the greatest time of year. We are going ALL OUT for Jersey Day, and it will be an incredibly meaningful message and service for EVERYONE. The Graystone Staff are even getting special jerseys made. Anyway, I’ve said too much.
5. I ate Donut Hole donuts more than once last weekend. 🙂