As Christians we are called to run the race God has marked out for us (Hebrews 12:1). Below are 3 questions to help you determine the “race course” God has for you. You could apply these questions to any area of your life (personal walk, family, career, ministry, finances, etc.) and for any length of time (6 months, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, etc.). You may want to focus specifically on 2014.
1. Where are you now? (Starting point of the race)
- Present reality
- Brutal facts
2. Where are you going? (Finish line/Vision)
- What has God called you to do in this area of your life?
- This is your personal vision.
- Vision is a clear picture of a desired future result…a God-given dream.
- What does “success” look like for you at the end of the race (i.e. Dec 2014)?
3. How are you going to get there? (chart the course/mile markers)
- Goals (clear, measurable, attainable)
- Daily schedule (time management)
“A man plans his ways, but the Lord determines his steps.” Proverbs 16:9