If you haven’t heard, we are pretty pumped about the Night of Worship on Wednesday at 7:00PM at Graystone Church. I am almost as excited about it as I am the 12:00PM service each week. Actually, I’m even more excited about the NOW (Night of Worship). And as I talked with people at both campuses yesterday, it sounds like EVERYONE is jacked about it. I think Graystone Church is even more excited about the NOW than the LSU vs UGA Football Game. And we should be!
Here are 5 FYI’s you might want to know about the NOW:
1. Some people are coming early to tailgate before the Night of Worship. They told me that they want to get here early, so they can get a good seat. I’m confident that not EVERYONE will get to sit in “their seat”, but chances are better if you get here early. Everyone can gather in the lobby and front patio until the doors open.
2. We are closing the doors at 7PM. If you get here late, you will not be able to get in until after the first set of songs. We will let late-comers in during the welcome/opening remarks before we start the second set of songs. If you are late and cannot get in for the first worship set, please do not take it out on our staff or ushers. If you want to complain to someone, you can talk with me afterwards or send me “one of those emails”. We are recording a live album, so we need as few people coming and going as possible. Come to think of it, maybe I will get my bodyguards, Benji Laws and Billy Brice, to watch the door.
3. We are not letting kids under the age of 10 in the auditorium. Again, we will be strict about this (See above). We have childcare available, and the children can play in the kids area with their friends. If this is going to keep you from coming to the NOW, let me apologize in advance. Again, you can send me “one of those emails”.
4. We’ve asked the students (middle and high school), to sit/stand in the front of the auditorium as close to the stage as possible. They have a heart for worship, and I am hoping and praying their passion for God will encourage all of us. And this will free up more seats in the auditorium. So people think it will be standing room only. We will see.
5. Please come prepared to celebrate and worship God. It is going to be a really special night. We have so many reasons to worship and thank God for who He is and all He has done in and through our lives and church. May He have all the glory!
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.” John 4:23