1. Graystone Church has a new and improved website. You can check it out here. While you’re on the website, please click on the “Invite a Friend” page and invite someone to Graystone this Sunday. It’s simple and will only take a couple of minutes. Who knows, God may use this little evite to change someone’s life for all eternity. It’s worth a shot.
2. Jennifer’s dad, Chuck Bridwell, just celebrated 50 years of serving God in vocational ministry. A couple of weeks ago we had a big reunion at the church in Coral Gables, Florida where Jennifer grew up and “answered the call to ministry” as a 16 year old. Jennifer and her family had a blast seeing a lot of old friends and the kids and I did a lot of smiling and nodding. It was amazing to see how many lives Chuck has influenced for Christ over the years, and I’m honored to be his son in law. Actually, I’m Chuck’s FAVORITE son in law…not that Jon Claude and I are in a competition or anything.
3. Joelan, our 16 year old son, is now working at Chick-fil-A to help pay for the expenses of driving his “new” truck. He is working at the store on Highway 78 in Snellville across for SGAA Park which happens to be owned and operated by one of our Graystone members, Colby Camerson. So if you are in the area, please stop by and support Colby’s business and see if you can get Joelan to say, “My pleasure”.
4. Jennifer and I are leading a small group together for the first time in several years. It will be on Sunday nights at 6:30 at Graystone Oroza and the topic of our discussion will be on parenting. The group is open to ANYONE. In fact, if you have not joined a small group at Graystone, it’s easy sign up online. Click here for more info on Graystone Small Groups.
5. Graystone now has 20 staff and interns. I’m honored to get to work with such incredible people. And it’s so neat for me to see them using their God-given gifts and abilities to build His church and kingdom. I truly believe God is about to do something incredible in and through Graystone Church. Buckle up!
Lagniappe: I have not had a diet coke or carbonated drink in 27 days.