1. Bradley and Dilan went home yesterday to live with their mom. This is great news because the goal of foster care is to reunite the kids with their parents. The boys lived with us for 9 weeks, and it’s amazing how quickly they became a part of our family. I’ll share a little on Sunday about Bradley and Dilan, and I’m going to try not to cry because it has been brought to my attention by some of the elders that I am a cryer. Also, I have a major sermon brewing in my heart of what I’ve learned from foster care about us being adopted into God’s family. I’m not sure when I will preach this message, but I’m pretty sure it will be “one of my good ones”.
2. This Sunday’s message is titled, “Overcoming the Fear of Going Broke”. We are currently living in a down economy and the results of the election are making it even harder on many of our church members, especially small business owners. God has laid the perfect message on my heart for Sunday. In fact, Jesus has already preached a sermon on this. We’ll be looking at what He has to say about the economy. If you liked last Sunday’s message, then you will really like this one. If you didn’t like last Sunday’s message, then suck it up and come anyway. God wants to continue to challenge and strengthen your faith.
3. Rumor has it that KATB (Kyle and the Band) will be playing a little Bruno Mars. Can you guess what song their singing? BTW, I play the rain stick, and I am currently between bands. If you know anyone looking for a large rain stick player, please pass my name on to them.
4. We are planning to have 4 Christmas services this year over a 2 day period. So, hopefully, this will work out for EVERYONE’S schedule. Christmas is one of our favorite (if not best) services of the year. Our service times will be Sunday, December 23 at 5:00 & 6:30PM and Monday, December 24 at 3:30 & 5:00PM. Please go ahead and start making plans now for which service is best for you and your family to attend. Also, Christmas is a wonderful time of year to invite a friend. Who are you bringing?
5. Duck Dynasty is the best show on TV. They are now in my top 5 favorite things. BTW, I am thinking about not getting a haircut in the month of November. It could get a little unruly.
My Top 5 List
- Duck Dynasty