Over the last 20+ years, I’ve counseled hundreds of people…formal (sitting uncomfortably in an office face to face, on the phone, etc.) and informal (grocery store, ball park, neighborhood pool, church lobby, etc.). I’m NOT a very good counselor. I’ve had very little training and all I know to do is tell you what the Bible says. Oh, and I can pray for you.
I’ve learned A LOT from counseling others.
Here are 10 Lessons:
- The grass is NOT greener on the other side.
- If your check engine light is on, you better do something about it.
- It is NEVER God’s will for you to leave your spouse for another man or woman.
- The apple SOMETIMES does fall far from the tree but NOT often.
- If you have ever uttered the words, “I don’t have a _________ problem.” Then, you do.
- Unfortunately, many people need a wake up call to WAKE UP.
- You become like the people you spend time with.
- You can ALWAYS find soemeone who will agree with you (I.e. sympathetic friend).
- Sin splatters and effects those closest to you…family and friends.
- God is STILL in the miracle business and no situation is to difficult for Him.
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.” Proverbs 4:7