1. This may be a little conservative, but there were 47,000 people at the Easter Egg Hunt Sunday. Wow! A big shout out goes to Katie Landress and her entire team. As usual, Jessie spent the majority of her time in the petting zoo. I’m pretty sure not all of the animals made it out alive. But no worries, a couple of bunnies were putting into practice Sunday’s sermon.
2. Fiction…we did post the “How to Have Great Sex” message on the website. You can watch it here. I would never say something on Sunday AM at church that I would not feel comfortable posting online. Unless, it was sensitive material about a missionary in a closed country, but that’s a whole nutha topic.
3. We received (so I’m told) a typewritten letter in the offering criticizing me for talking about sex in church. The anonymous person wanted me to read it out loud on Sunday morning to the congregation. Ummmm…Good luck with that! It was actually trashed before I saw it. I do not read anonymous letters.
4. Jessica Taylor and KATB killed “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele. It was one of the best feature songs ever at Graystone. Now, every time I hear the song or any Adele song, it reminds me to pray for the marriages of Graystone Church. Let’s fight FOR our marriages!
5. Sales skyrocketed this week at Bath and Body Works. You might want to buy stock. I am.
6. John and Cheryl Reeves will be finishing up our Marriage Wars series this Sunday at Graystone. They have been married for 20 years and have 6 kids. I think they know a little bit about marriage, parenting and doing life together. You will enjoy their wisdom and humor.
7. Also, we will be sharing in the Lord’s Supper together this Sunday. So, please come prepared.
8. I’ve already finished my message for Easter and turned in my notes. This might be a record. We have a huge service planned which includes a video of me “throwing keys” with Chris Chester. I will tell you more in my next post. We actually need our Graystone members to do several things to help us out for Easter Sunday. So, be on the look out for my next post about Easter.
9. In case you are wondering (I doubt anyone thinks of this outside of Heath, Kyle and myself), our next message series is “Hunger Games.”
10. After “Hunger Games”, we are dedicating an entire message series, “Beautiful”, to the ladies of Graystone Church (Again, I doubt anyone else is thinking this far ahead.). We will kick it off on Mother’s Day. Don’t worry men. Yours is coming in June. Father’s Day will be where Act of Valor meets Bass Pro Shop. And I’m planning to grow a beard or some type of facial hair. I better get started.