1. Last night in the batting cage, our clean up batter hit a line drive into the side of my skull and knocked me off my feet. As I was lying on my back half conscious and my ear bleeding, a lady from another team brought me an ice pack, and I faintly heard her say, “Isn’t that the preacher? That isn’t supposed to happen to the preacher.” I wish her theology was accurate.
2. Speaking of theology, the elders of Graystone had a great discussion/debate Wednesday night about a young earth (4000-5000 years old) verses an old earth (umpteen billion years old). In the 7 days of creation, did God create the heavens and earth in literal 24 hour periods or were the days eras of time (I.e. 1000 years?) We also discussed theistic evolution vs creation, the trinity, a little eschatology, and demon possession.
3. Which reminds me, this Sunday I am preaching on 7 Marriage Killers. One of the marriage killers is demon-possessed in laws. Hopefully, you do not have any demons in your family. Most families have one or two crazy people. If you don’t know who they are, then it is probably you.
4. Also on Sunday, Jennifer and I will be answering several of the most asked questions about marriage. My favorite question came from a wife and she actually signed her name. It said, “How many times a week do ya’ll have sex? What is normal frequency for a healthy young married couple?” Now, I know one reason why this couple has such a happy marriage.
5. Speaking of, Kyle is heading up the design team of Project Kids Space. He and Shannon have done such an incredible job that HGTV’s Design on a Dime has approached them about doing a TV special. If you have not seen it, the kids area looks AMAZING!