1. We will have 3 identical worship experiences: 9:00AM, 10:30AM, and 12:00PM. This is an epic Sunday for Graystone, and I hope you will be a part of it. We have had 2 services since our launch in October of 2004. So, this is a big change for us. I’m hoping the 9:00AM works better for those playing in travel ball tournaments. And I’ve already heard that several families are excited about sleeping in and attending the noon service. I can’t wait to see how it all shakes out.
2. We are beginning a new message series, Marriage Wars. There is no need to bring a box of kleenex. It will be challenging but HILARIOUS…that is if you think I’m funny. I will be telling several personal stories about my marriage. Jennifer is worried that I will share the “Birthday Fight” story from my perspective. Of course, I will. I am the one telling the story. I know I say this A LOT, but this is a great Sunday to invite a friend, especially if they have a sense of humor.
3. Also, invite your friends if they like good music. The band is going big. I will give you a little hint. They are performing a song by a former American Idol winner, and Kelci’s pipes will NOT be involved.
4. There will be a creative element involving wedding photos of 50+ Graystone couples. I would say we have the best looking couples in the world at Graystone but that would be bragging and as you know, I struggle with pride. It will be beautiful and powerful. But hopefully, no tears this week.
5. We need all hands on deck. We sent out a 32,600 piece mailer to areas of Grayson, Loganville, Snellville, Lawrenceville, Monroe, and Bethlehem. Hopefully, it grabbed people’s attention and ultimately, God will grab their heart. We are trusting God for a big crowd and many first-time visitors. Since we are having so many guests in the Graystone house this weekend, let me encourage you to be on your best behavior. In all seriousness, we will need extra volunteers on the parking team, greeters, ushers, children’s workers, etc. If you are available to serve, please arrive early and stay late. We have some incredible volunteers who are serving 2 services and worshipping in 1. THANK YOU so much for being a church full of servant leaders.
This Sunday at Graystone will be epic. Let’s trust God to do “immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine.” Thanks for being on the Graystone team. May God continue to use us to DOMINATE our community with the love of Jesus Christ.
The best is yet to come!