1. As of 4:30PM on Thursday, February 16, we have an average of 3 volunteers per Sunday committed to serving in the children’s area at the noon service beginning March 4. At a bare minimum, we need 17 adult volunteers per Sunday but preferably many more. We are looking for people who will commit to 1 hour per month. If you can do it, it would be a huge help. In order to add a 3rd service, it is crucial for us to have a loving and safe children’s environment for all 3 services. If you are available, please contact Katie our children’s pastor at email@example.com. THANK YOU!
2. On Sunday, March 4th we are kicking off a new message series called Marriage Wars, and we will have a special element within the service. We are asking Graystone married couples to send us a photo from your wedding day. All pictures need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, February 29th at 2:00pm.
3. We need servant leaders to step up and volunteer in the children’s area for the noon service. I have heard time and time again over the last few months that the reason new people are coming to Graystone is because of our focus on kids. (BTW, no one has said that they came to Graystone because of the GREAT PREACHING, but I will keep asking.) So, whether you “feel called” to children’s ministry or not, it doesn’t matter. We need you to help. You could make a short term commitment until we have time to recruit more volunteers.
4. Please join us in prayer for this Sunday. We are trusting God for 15 Graystone families to commit to adopt or foster in 2012. God is looking for a few good men/women who will answer the call. This Sunday, we will give EVERYONE an opportunity to do his/her part in orphan care: give, help, go, adopt, foster, pray, support, etc. BTW, this is not a “fad” that are church is going through. This is something God has called us to do, and we are being faithful to walk in obedience.
5. I’m not sure if I mentioned this or not, but we need dozens of volunteers to serve in the children’s area during our noon service beginning March 4th. I would do it, but I am already committed to spending 80% of my noon services “preaching the word”. As I’ve said thousands of times, Graystone Church is a team sport, and every position is vitally important. Right now, we need some utility players who are willing to do whatever it takes TO DOMINATE OUR COMMUNITY WITH THE LOVE OF JESUS CHRIST.
For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45