As the Graystone staff team is working hard to make final preparations for Christmas Eve at Graystone, I began making a list (and checking it twice) of things we can do to make the most of this Saturday’s Christmas Eve services at 2:00, 3:30, and 5:00 PM.
1. Please park at the intern house next door. If you are a volunteer and/or physically able, please park next door off of the intern house driveway. We are trusting God for a big crowd, and this will free up parking spaces for our visitors and help with traffic flow. It would be especially helpful for you to park next door, if you will be at Graystone for more than one service. We will have a shuttle running from the overflow parking areas.
2. If you are serving as a volunteer or on staff, please make it a priority for you and your family to worship at one of the services. We DEFINITELY need volunteers in the children’s area, but I also want to make sure that you have an opportunity to worship JESUS on Christmas Eve. And if you are serving at Graystone on Christmas Eve (parking team, greeter, usher, security, tech team, band, nursery, wherever), let me say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. And not only for serving this Saturday but throughout the year. You are greatly appreciated. And it is an honor to serve Christ with you.
3. Childcare is provided for children 3 years old and younger. So, if you have children in this age group, please drop them off in the nursery where they will be loved, cared for and safe. This will help you and the people around you better experience God during our Christmas Eve service. And it will be the best place for your child! I know that my daughter, Jessie, will have a much better Christmas Eve church experience in her age appropriate class than in the main auditorium.
4. Arrive early, so you will have plenty of time to find enough seats for you and your family to sit together. Also, you do not want to miss the beginning of the service. Just sayin. No hints. I cannot give anything away.
5. Bring a Christmas offering. I know that some of you are not in a position to give an end of the year gift, but if you are able, it would be greatly appreciated. God has always provided for Graystone, and we have finished every year “in the black”. And we are trusting God that this year will be no different.
6. Invite somebody. Our Christmas Eve services will be very special for the members and regular attenders of Graystone Church. In fact, it will probably be your favorite service of the year. But it is also designed to reach out to our friends, family and community. I will be simply and passionately sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. And we are trusting God for many to receive the free gift of eternal life. So, PLEASE invite your friends and family. Christmas Eve is our best opportunity of the year to invite people to church. Let’s make the most of it.
7. PRAY for God to do only what He can do! The angel told Mary, “For nothing is impossible with God.” (Luke 1:37). God can do the impossible. He is still in the miracle business. Whatever miracle you need God to perform this Christmas, trust Him to do it.
I’m pumped! God is up to something BIG. I’ll see you Saturday at 2:00, 3:30, or 5:00.