2. Thanks to the generosity of a Graystone Church member and UGA fan, Joelan and I were able to go the SEC Championship Game. I will not mention who won the game, is thirteen n’ eaux, and will play Bama on January 9th for the BCS National Championship. Joelan and I had a great father son experience. I love my church!
3. 125 families took FREE, professional pictures with Santa. A Big THANK YOU goes out to Justin Wojtczak and www.375photography. At one point, the line went from the front lobby, down the hall and out the back door by the playground. But I’m sure it was better than making that dreaded trip to the mall and coughing up $35.
4. We had a great kickoff to our Christmas message series, Traditions. “Kyle and the Band” rocked the house. And I love all the Christmas decorations inside and out. All those who helped did a tremendous job. Also, if you are in the market for a live Christmas tree, the beautiful frazier furs in our lobby were donated by Dale Peterson. He has a Christmas tree lot on Hwy 78 in the parking lot across from South Gwinnett High School.
5. At Newcomer’s Lunch, we had 22 people join Graystone, 5 people commit their lives to Christ, and 5 more people sign up to be baptized at Graystone. PRAISE GOD!
6. Julia won the feed-in-consolation (3rd place) at the Oconee Fall Tennis Tourney. Her only loss was a close one (6-4, 2-6, 8-10) in the semis to the #2 seed. This is Julia’s 3rd tennis tourney and the first time she has won some hardware. I’m proud of her. BTW, in tennis tournaments, you do not get a participation trophy.
7. There were over 100 students last night at the GSM Tacky Christmas Party. As you can see in the picture below, they dressed up crazy and had a blast. God is doing big things in our students’ lives.
Categories: Graystone Church