1. Dozens of people will be crashing the waters of baptism this Sunday at Graystone as we celebrate Easter in November. You do not want to miss this special service and you want to be here to support, encourage and cheer for those who are making public professions of their faith in Jesus. If you know someone who needs to get baptized, bring them with you. We are trusting God for MANY spontaneous baptisms.
2. Charlee Rose Wotczak is the newest addition of Graystone Church. She was born yesterday weighing in at 9 pounds 8 ounces. The proud parents are Justin and Lori. PRAISE GOD!
3. The Elf on the Shelf is exploding all over the world. This Sunday at The Fox is the red carpet premier of the animated Christmas special, An Elf’s Story. It will air on CBS at 8:30PM on Black Friday. We are so proud of Chanda Bell, the author and founding Graystone member, and her success in developing this fast growing Christmas tradition. Click here to watch Chanda on the CBS morning show.
4. The deadline to register for Windy Gap High School Retreat on December 16-18 is this Sunday. Investing in your child or grandchild’s spiritual life would be a great Christmas gift. Contact our Student Pastor, Nate Rector (firstname.lastname@example.org), for more info.
5. The Graystone Leadership Team spent a few days at a lake house this week evaluating 2011 and making initial plans for 2012. What happens at the lake does NOT always stay at the lake. I hope you enjoy this bonus edition of Fact or Fiction.
- The first night Heath ate a gallon of double chocolate moose tracks ice cream.
- Nate’s most creative idea: “Let’s do a message series on Jesus.”
- Kyle and Elliott were the party animals of the group. They slept in the basement and stayed up late drinking yoo-hoos and playing video games.
- Jim was the only person who exercised. The other guys talked about it. I personally did not even bring workout clothes. Seriously, who are we kidding?
- On the retreat, we did not talk about sports or politics.
Mark your calendars. Vision Night will be Wednesday, January 18, at 7:00PM. We cannot wait to share with you what God has laid on our hearts. You will be surprised, pumped and motivated to DOMINATE our community with the love of Jesus in 2012!