Easter Sunday (April 24) is going to be POWERFUL! I cannot wait to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Here are 5 ways to maximize the Easter season at Graystone Church:
1. Join us Palm Sunday (April 17) as we kick off Passion Week and begin preparing our hearts and minds for Easter. Our new service times begin this Sunday at 9:30 and 11:00AM. If you can come to the 9:30 service to create more space in the 11:00 service, we would really appreciate it.
2. Come enjoy some great food, fun and fellowship at the Easter Egg-stravaganza, Sunday, April 17 at 4:00PM. The Varsity will be on site with naked dogs, frosted oranges and the like. There will be games, bunnies, and thousands of eggs. This a a great event to invite your friends and family.
3. Follow the daily quiet time sheet during Passion Week as “we fix our eyes on Jesus Christ” and the events of the last week of His life. This is an opportunity to grow spiritually and get our focus where it needs to be leading up to Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday. We will give out the study guides on Sunday morning (April 17), and I will post it on my blog next week.
4. Participate in the Good Friday Prayer Service on April 22 at 7:00 at Graystone Church. This will be a very stripped down simple service with a short time of teaching, worship and prayer. The 2 purposes of the service are:
- Thank Jesus for His death on the cross for our sins.
- Pray for Easter Sunday and for God to bring hundreds of people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
5. Invite your friends, family, coworkers, neighbors and teammates to Easter Sunday at Graystone Church. In addition to celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we will be kicking off a new message series, Modern Family. I will touch on the felt need of “Modern families and the trials we face” but the message will be very gospel-oriented. This will be a great Sunday for believers and seekers.
This goes without saying, but “Kyle and the Band” and the creative team are going ALL OUT for Easter Sunday. You do not want to miss it. And you want to bring someone with you. It will be life-changing! Easter Sunday is the best Sunday of the year to invite someone to church.
Let’s make the most of Passion Week and trust God to do “immeasurably more than we could ever ask or imagine”!
Your Pastor and Friend,