I received more compliments from yesterday’s service than any other service in the history of Graystone. In worship planning this morning, we discussed “why” yesterday’s service was so powerful. Our conclusion…God’s spirit was moving!
Here are a few thoughts from week 2 of The Ghost:
1. God brought the rain so that ball tournaments and other outdoor activities would be cancelled, because His spirit had bigger plans.
2. Our attendance is higher when the weather is poor. Larger crowds make for a greater critical mass that creates more energy and excitement. I pray for beautiful weather 6 days of the week.
3. KATB absolutely nailed it on “Bring Me to Life” by Evanescence. My heart was bouncing around in my chest cavity as I sat on the front row during the 9:15 service. In the 11:00 service, I enjoyed the song from the sound booth.
4. “Our God”…this is my favorite worship song of 2010/2011. I would be happy if we sung it every Sunday. “Just As I AM…
5. There could not have been a better response song to “The Power of the Holy Spirit” message. I love this chorus/declaration: “The same power that conquered the grave lives in me!” Tears streamed down my face when I saw individuals, couples and families kneeling at “the altar”.
6. After the closing prayer to my message, the 11:00 service broke out into a spontaneous applause. This a Graystone first!
7. I was only joking that marriage looks “hopeless” for a single person at Graystone. There are actually a plethora of singles (people who are not married) at Graystone. Some of you need to OPEN YOUR EYEBALLS!!! I am still laying the groundwork and infrastructure for starting Johnny’s Matchmaking Mission.
8. God has taken my fear of public speaking away, but I still get nervous and sick to my stomach most Sunday mornings. And I am scared of Youth Ministry. Although, as you know, I love our students and children and they are our #1 mission field!!!
9. Take off the work gloves and let God’s spirit empower you to live a supernatural Christian life. When you are weak, He is STRONG. His power is made perfect on our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9-10).
10. In and of ourselves, our hope is limited. With the power of God’s Spirit in us, we are overflowing with hope (Romans 15:13).