This Sunday at Graystone Church we begin a new message series, It’s Christmas Time! Christmas truly is the best time of year, because it gives us an opportunity to refocus our lives on the Savior. You do not want to miss it!
10 Reasons to be a part of Christmas at Graystone:
10. Rusty, our Facilities Director (a.k.a. Clark W. Griswold), and our team of volunteers have done a tremendous job with all the Christmas decorations. Have you seen the 30 foot tree on the roof? It is worth your time simply to come check it out. And the decorations are sure to get you in the spirit of the holidays.
9. Graystone Kids will have “something special” each Sunday. This week there will be a special Christmas craft for the younger kids and the older kids will have their own All Star Coffee Bar with hot chocolate and marshmallows.
8. The Elf from Elf on the Shelf will be here this Sunday. Kids can take pictures, and parents can buy an autographed copy of the book with all the money from the book sales going to the Hope Center for Christmas.
7. There will be a special creative element in the worship service each week. I would give you a hint, but Heath would kill me. He likes to keep “an element of surprise”. I’m not good at keeping surprises…good thing I am the boss.
6. God has laid some special messages on my heart and you will learn things from the Christmas story that you have never seen before. Lord willing, these messages will be life-changing for EVERYONE and motivate us to live full-out for God.
5. Free pictures with Santa! This will take place after each service on Sunday, December 12. This way we can all avoid that stressful family trip to the mall. I’ve been there and done that. Hopefully, Jessie will not be scared of Santa this year.
4. Kyle and the Band will be playing at least one classic Christmas song each week. And they will still lead us in a great time of worship.
3. 6th Annual Children’s Christmas Program on December 19th. This truly is one of my favorite Sundays of the year. I love seeing the 3-4 year olds on stage and the elementary kids always do a tremendous job. Bring your cameras! We might have an opportunity to win $10,000 on Funniest Home Videos.
2. Our Christmas celebration will climax with a Candlelight Christmas Eve Service on December 24. We will offer 3 identical services this year at 2:00, 3:30. and 5:00PM, so go ahead and make plans with your family. We are trusting God that this will be the biggest and best service of the year at Graystone Church.
1. In the midst of a busy holiday season, Graystone Church will help us keep our focus where it needs to be…celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:10-11