10. Jessie along with a thousand or so other people had a blast at the Fall Carnival. A big THANK YOU goes out to Katie Landress, Rusty Knight and the team. I’m pretty sure that there were a few animals that didn’t make it out of the petting zoo alive.
9. The opening of the Kids Village. It looks amazing! AGAIN, a big THANK YOU goes out to Katie, the staff and all the small groups and volunteers who helped paint, move furniture, and decorate. I heard the kids love their new rooms and there was plenty of space in ALL the classes.
8. Getting the Certificate of Occupancy for the Kids Village in 3 weeks was a miracle. A big THANK YOU goes out to Jim, Elliott, and Tony Smith. We could not have done it without Tony. BTW, you really can drive a mack truck across the deck his team built. Seriously.
7. Superbowl Prediction: New Orleans Saints over the LSU Tigers 24-23. The LSU defense is tough, but I think Drew Brees and company put enough points on the board to win their 2nd Superbowl in 3 years. The oldest guy in the NFL kicks the game winning field goal.
6. I got to meet and talk with many new folks to Graystone at the Fall Carnival. It was a beautiful Fall day. And the fellowship was even sweeter.
5. The newly assembled Graystone Ladies USTA 3.0 Tennis Team is gonna make some noise this Winter. Just sayin. And they have an awesome coach.
4. It was great to see Ashley and Jamal. They were not together. Just two former interns who visited on the same weekend. I’m not even sure if they know each other. Are you still reading about this?
3. “What I’ve Done” by Linkin Park is one of the best songs ever covered at Graystone. ”Kyle and the Band” nailed it! It was the perfect feature song for my message. I’m pretty sure the younger crowd loved it. I know this old fart did.
2. I met a dad who shared with me that his “Prodigal Son” came home to God on week 1 of “Dear Life, What Happened?” He said that they came down to the altar together, wept, and mended their estranged relationship. He said that God used Graystone and spoke directly through me to bring his son back to God. WOW! This is why we started Graystone and why we do what we do. Kleenex please.
1. In Christ, we are forgiven of ALL our sins…past, present and future (1 John 1:9). Our sins have been washed as white as snow (Isaiah 1:18). We have been separated from our sins as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12). Our iniquities have been hurled into the depths of the sea to be lost forever (Micah 7:19). And our transgressions have been blotted from the record, and God choses to remember them no more (Isaiah 43:25). Can I get an Amen?
Read Full Post »